I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer - Fun in July

We did a lot of fun stuff in July - 4th of July, visiting my family in Oregon, Benjamin got his cast off, the Hosmer family reunion...

So, for the 4th of July we got to spend it with some of Dave's family.  We went to the parade (which Benjamin really liked for at least the first hour), visited the Freedom Festival booths and ate some yummy food, then enjoyed a nice barbecue type dinner and fireworks in the evening.  We all had a great time.  Benjamin's favorites were probably the sirens at the parade, eating lots of watermelon, and watching us set off a few fireworks (he told us they were "coo" (cool)).  Sadly, I don't have any pictures from this!

Just a few days later, Benjamin & I flew to Oregon to visit my family.  That was my first time traveling with Benjamin, but without Dave.  It wasn't too bad and we survived.  I was most worried about the plane ride, but I was able to keep him pretty entertained most of the time.  However, I do have a pretty big beef with the Portland Airport (from when we flew home).  I was traveling by myself with Benjamin and 6 months pregnant, we were running just a little late, and the people in security decided both of us needed to have an extra thorough screening!  It took forever and we almost missed our plane!  I have no idea what possessed them to do that to me, seeing the situation I was in, but what can you do?  Our time in Oregon was a lot of fun, though!  We loved getting to spend time with family & friends, especially getting to see my brother, Brent, who had just returned from his mission to Canada (he and Benjamin had never met)!  Benjamin loved being in a new place to explore, having new toys to play with, and watching my parents' dogs a lot (he kept pointing at them and saying "oof woof" over and over).

This is at the Rheinlander (a really, really good German restaurant
in Portland).  They have accordion players going around
serenading you while you eat - Benjamin got a kick out of that!

So nice to be with family!
Benjamin finally got to meet Brent!

Benjamin had lots of fun with new toys, especially all the cars!



Just a few days after the trip we took Benjamin to the doctor to get his fourth and final cast off!  We were so excited - it has been a pain to deal with a baby/toddler in casts and I'm sure he hasn't loved it either!  Now he can just focus on getting to use his new and awesome hand!

Waiting for the doctor


After the cast came off his hand needed to be all bandaged
up to finish healing.
Then, just a few days later we went to the Hosmer sibling reunion.  We went up to an area near City of Rocks in Idaho and camped for 2 nights.  It was nice to spend time with Dave's family and we did some fun stuff (well, everyone else did some fun stuff while I just sat and watched - the joys of being pregnant).  This was Benjamin's first time camping.  He did pretty well with it, but didn't enjoy sleeping in our crowded 2-man tent.  He loved being outdoors and playing with everyone!  

For some reason I can't put captions in for the following pictures, so here's there explanations: the first 3 are pictures of Dave & Benjamin rock climbing.  I'm amazed at how Dave was able to safely climb all around those rocks with Benjamin on his back, but he did and got all the way to the top (see 3rd picture)!  Then the next 3 show a pretty lake everyone went kayaking on.  Dave & Benjamin just played at the water's edge the whole time, which Benjamin loved.  The last picture is everyone who came to the reunion.










It was one crazy, but fun month!

No comments:

Post a Comment